Burke Therapy’s rehabilitation team is dedicated to helping people re-establish their lives after surgery, injury, and illness. The team of specially trained healthcare professionals works to compassionately restore function and quality of life through skilled therapy services. Our rehabilitation team is composed of highly knowledgeable, caring professionals who are dedicated to providing quality patient centered care.
We offer physical, occupational, and speech therapy services for both inpatient acute and outpatient care for all ages. Our therapists can provide patients with a continuum of one on one individualized care in each setting from pre-surgery, acute inpatient, post-acute rehabilitation, and outpatient.
Rehabilitation services include:
- Orthopedic post-surgical: inpatient and outpatient
- Hand therapy
- Sports injuries
- Neurological disorders
- Degenerative diseases such as ALS, Parkinson’s, MS, fibromyalgia, etc
- Treatment of work-related injuries
- Treatment of vestibular/balance disorders and a fall prevention program
- Wheelchair and seating evaluations
- Prevention and health promotion concepts through work simplification, energy conservation, body mechanics, and joint protection
- Recommendations for home safety and modifications
- Activities of daily living training and modifications
- Treatment of visual perceptual and cognitive disorders
- Wound care:
- Chronic and traumatic wounds
- Modalities to improve wound healing
- Aphasia, apraxia, dysphagia, and dysarthria speech therapy
- Pediatric and adult neuromuscular electrical stimulation (NMES) swallowing therapy
- Modified barium swallow studies
- Treatment for adult and pediatric feeding disorders
- Pediatric and adult language disorders
Physician-led, patient-focused care is at the core of every service at Burke Health. With more than 20 specialty care physicians leading the way, a skilled team of medical professionals in every department, and the total patient experience at the forefront of our service, we know why people continue to choose Burke First.