Dr. Ty Carter is a board certified and fellowship trained spine surgeon who specializes in treating cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine conditions, including degenerative disc disease, disc herniations, spinal stenosis, nerve pain, and spinal instability. Dr. Carter’s goal is to compassionately treat spinal conditions to alleviate pain and suffering, improve function, and provide a good quality of life. His treatment plans are based on proven techniques, utilizing the most up to date technology to tailor a treatment plan specific to each patient’s needs. Dr. Carter uses conservative treatment methods whenever possible, and uses both minimally invasive and traditional spine surgery techniques when surgery is necessary to best meet the needs of his patients.
Dr. Carter received his undergraduate degree in Physical Education / Athletic Training at Berry College in Rome, GA. He then attended Mercer University School of Medicine for his medical degree. Following his medical degree, Dr. Carter completed a General Surgery internship and Orthopedic Surgery residency at the University of Louisville. He also received fellowship training in spine surgery at the University of Louisville Hospital with the Kenton D. Leatherman Spine Fellowship Spine Institute.
Outside of his practice, Dr. Carter is an avid fan and supporter of the University of Georgia Bulldogs. He enjoys spending time with his 3 children, traveling, and participating in outdoor activities, especially running.
- Undergraduate: Bachelor of Science: Physical Education /Athletic Training – Berry College, Rome, GA
- Medical Degree: Mercer University School of Medicine, Macon, GA
- General Surgery Internship: University of Louisville Hospital, Louisville, KY
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: University of Louisville Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Louisville, KY
- Spine Surgery Fellowship: Kenton D. Leatherman Spine Fellowship Spine Institute, University of Louisville Hospital, Louisville, KY
- American Medical Association
- South Carolina Orthopedic Association American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons South Carolina Medical Association
- North American Spine Society
- Southern Orthopedic Association