Dr. John H. Franklin specializes in knee and hip total joint replacement, with a particular interest in partial knee replacement, hip resurfacing, and revision total joint replacement.
Dr. Franklin obtained his undergraduate degree from Davidson College and his medical degree from the University of Kentucky College of Medicine. He then completed his internship and orthopedic surgery residency at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine. Following his residency, Dr. Franklin completed a fellowship in adult hip and knee reconstruction with Harvard Medical School at Massachusetts General Hospital.
Dr. Franklin served for over three years as an Assistant Professor in total joint replacement in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at Augusta University.
- Undergraduate Degree: Davidson College, Davidson, North Carolina
- Medical Degree: University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington, Kentucky
- Internship & Orthopedic Surgery Residency: University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Adult Hip & Knee Replacement Fellowship: Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts
- Assistant Professor, Total Joint Replacement, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Augusta University
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Medical Association of Georgia
- Freiberg Society, University of Cincinnati Department of Orthopedic Surgery
- Georgia Orthopedic Society
- American Association of HIp and Knee Surgeons
Selected on of “Best Orthopedic Surgeons in Augusta” as per Augusta Magazine, 2015-16 and 2017-18.